Okay here it is, you will have to forgive the lateness of this post but I was waiting on pictures from our amazing support team. We got up EARLY at 4am and headed down to the waterfront. Travis checked on his bike and turned in all of his bags then we started our walk down to Tumbleweed where he would jump in the water. Once down there we got separated in the crowd of crazy triathletes and I missed him jumping in the water. I did make it to the start point just in time to see them stop letting anyone else jump in the water due to the man who died right at the start of the swim. Prayers going out to his family.

Pre race game face. Only have to swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles, and run 26.2 miles to go!

Green cap in the center is Travis
As soon as I met up with our supporters Kirsten and I jumped on our bikes and headed down to the waterfront to wait for him to get out of the water. A few others were able to meet up with us. Here are a few pics of us waiting on him to finish the swim.

Jeff, Jennifer, Rebecca, Jamin, Me & Kirsten

Hurry up Travis! At this point I knew someone had drown and was waiting anxiously for him to get out of the water.

He survived the swim. 1hr 17 min.

Headed out on the bike.
After he took off on the bike everyone went for breakfast before heading to LaGrange to see him come through. I didn't get a pic of his first loop through town but we yelled loud enough for him to see us.

Most of the support team who made it out to LaGrange

Travis in the green shirt up against the wall coming in for the second time through town.

Bike leg finished.
6hr 37min

Taking off on the run. Almost done, still a smile on his face.

Around mile 7, with a smile on his face. We saw him 2 more times but the pics were pretty much the same. If you read my sis-in-law's blog you have seen the now infamous pic of the kiss he gave me at around mile 17. Bryce and Kirsten rode their bikes around the run course and would text what mile he was at.

Crossing the finish line. Travis Miller you are an Ironman!!
Run 6hrs 8min
Total time 14hrs 28min

Hug for me at the finish line. He later told me he had never seen me so emotional. For those of you who know me I am not an outwardly emotional person. But, everyone time I saw him out on the course I cried. It was such an awesome experience to see him accomplish his dream he had worked so hard for.

With the boys...Jamin, Jeff, Travis, Bryce and Doug

Ironman and wifey

Travis with his Ironparents

And his Ironsisters

Team Miller!
I cannot thank everyone enough for all of your support so that he could accomplish this dream! To everyone who came down at some point in the day to support him, those who texted and facebooked your support. Especially to his and mine families who were available throughout all of his training to watch the kids while I worked so that he could get his workouts in. And especially those who took care of the kids on Sunday so that I could be there to support him without having to worry about the kiddos. Thank you so much and we love you all! How fortunate we are to have you all in our lives.

Of course every Ironman has to have a tattoo to celebrate their victory! So 2 days later we headed out to get Travis the infamous m dot tattoo.
4 comments:
Congrats to Travis!!! Quite an accomplishment!
Oh, Jenny... I am crying just reading this & I'm the girl w/ ice in her veins! What a great thing your hubby did & how awesome you had such a great support group!!!!
Love the ironman tattoo! I'm not a big tattoo fan, but I DO like them when they MEAN something...& boy does this MEAN something!
Great post! I'm proud of you ALL!!!
GOod post! I get teared up everytime I watch the video Tricia posted. What an amazing accomplishment, and not just for Travis. I know he put in a lot of hard work, but you did too!!! Way to support him in his goal!
You are a good wife. I felt invested in that day, because I knew through Tracey, all the hard work and support both of you had given all year. And me being the softy I am, I cried when I saw the pics/video. It was such a neat thing to even be a witness too, just through text/facebook, can't imagine being there!!
Post a Comment