Many of you may remember Griffin's little accident 3 summers back where he fell in the pool? Ever since that incident he has been traumatized to be in the water without arm floats on. Travis' mom was wonderful enough to have one of the teachers do swim lessons in her pool for the grand kids for the last 2 summers. So you may remember that last summer's lessons didn't go so well. Everyday he would cry and scream about how he didn't want to get in the water without his floats...not terrible until he lost it on the second to last day of lessons and bit the instructor! Needless to say we were horrified and not sure what to do with him and his fear. Thankfully she wasn't permanently injured, but she may think twice before she gets in the water with a traumatized child again. If you are reading this I am still SO sorry Krista!
So we decided to sign Griffin up for lessons at the YMCA hoping that a new and different environment would make it easier for him. I am so happy to report that it seems to have worked. When we first got there he was apprehensive and started to get worked up but he managed to pull himself together. Here are a few pics of the lesson and he said he couldn't wait to come back for his next lesson.
7 Day High Protein Diet Meal Plan
2 days ago

2 comments:
He is such a stud! I love him!!! I'm glad this experience went so well. :)
I'm glad that it went well for him, I'm sure that makes mommy very happy :) Also, wanted to tell you how much I've enjoyed him in Cubbies. He's a cute little boy with a dynamic personality.
Post a Comment